The Kahlenberg KB-30A provides a useful option where a fully electronic solution to sound signalling and hailing is preferred. The sound pressure level of this 100W hailer is 131dB (1/3 octave band) and it is suitable for use on vessels up to 75m (246ft) in length.
The horn is waterproof to IP67 and constructed of durable materials, with aluminium alloy for the horn and driver and powder coated steel for the bracket. A heater is included to eliminate moisture and to provide additional protection from freezing. Operating temperature range is +200°C to -50°C.
Kahlenberg's attractive console mount M511D control unit has a remote console mount microphone jack included; auxiliary audio inputs are also possible.
The fundamental frequency of the Kahlenberg KB-30 electronic horn/hailer system when used in sound signal mode is 695Hz; the control unit sounds the appropriate signal for the following restricted visibility requirements under Rule 35 of the COLREGs:
- Vessel underway (Rule 35a)
- Vessel underway but stopped (Rule 35b)
- Vessel restricted in ability to manoeuvre (Rule 35c)
- Vessel being towed (Rule 35d)
- Vessel at anchor (Rule 35f)
The Kahlenberg M-511D control unit also handles the following
- Manoeuvring codes: altering course to starboard, port, astern, danger
- Start/stop automatic function
- General alarm function in line with IMO/SOLAS requirements with accidental touch protection
- Integrated 'at-will' switch
The whole system runs on 24V DC.
Listen to the Kahlenberg KB-30 electronic horn/hailer system
Kahlenberg KB-30 electronic horn/hailer system downloads